Wednesday, November 25, 2009

You Can Start Again.

Though you cannot go back and make a brand-new start,
My friend,
You can start now,
And make a brand-new end.-John C. Maxwell

My take: I take comfort in such words... When at times, the realisation of wrong choices, wasted time, opportunities, etc clings to my heart, triggering pain... that is almost unbearable; and I have to face the consequences... At such times though I take a step forward, and give thanks. For such realisation, also indicates that I now view things differently... I am learning, growing and I'm wiser.

Such words reminds me of the opportunity I still have to impact the rest of my life in a tremendous way. It reminds me that I have been given an advantage... That enables me make proficient use of my most precious commodity which is my "time" and appreciate the value of the treasure that is "today".

For, every time in consciousness and every day is a gift from God... A chance to change the outcome of ones life- to re-write if you may, how the story ends...

Such words reminds me of the restorative power of my God... Telling me to;
Speak to the dry bones and they will live again!{Ezek 37:14}
Telling me, that beauty can come from ashes.{Isaiah 61:3}
Telling me to rejoice{Isaiah 54:1-4}.[Regardless, of whether I am a late bloomer or by any reason deemed incapable of blooming]
Telling me that, He is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that I can ever ask or think{Ephesians 3:20}
Indeed with God, better is the end of a matter than the beginning!{Ecc 7:8}

The truth is, we may not always get it right... But let the faith we have in God give peace to our hearts as we completely trust Him to make it 'all right'. Even now; God is able to help us operate in the fullness of knowledge, wisdom and understanding. Jesus did it. We are like Christ, we can do it also.

We can all start again. Definitely not from our beginning, but right now from where we are.

Thank you Lord!

What's your take? It's always a blessing when you share...

1 comment:

  1. My take??? Nice!!! Its never easy to start again but after taking the first step, the rest is easy!!

    ReplyDelete