Sunday, November 1, 2009

Opportunities All Around!

Finally, I was done with my weekly shopping routine. Although extremely tired, I was very pleased with the outcome of my shopping hours. I had come across a lot of incredible "red tag events" that saved me lots of money. As I drove home I thought to myself, "There are lots of money saving deals going on everyday, but sometimes, for one reason or another, I miss... it".

So I said a little prayer in my heart "Lord, help me recognise daily, all the money saving opportunities around me so that I can make use of them". In my train of thoughts I figured, "It will be foolish of me not to... it doesn't make any sense throwing money away, spending more than I should, after all this money could be redirected to doing other important things". Interestingly, some minutes later, one of my favorite songs started playing on the car stereo. Titled "lord Give Me Your Eyes".- By Brandon Heath.

Parts of the lyrics to the song says:

Give me your eyes for just one second
Give me your eyes so that I can see
Everything that I keep missing
Give me your love for humanity
Give me your love for the broken hearted, the ones that are far beyond my reach
Give me your heart for the once forgotten, give me your eyes so I can see...

...then it occurred to me, when was the last time I prayed that God should open my eyes... so that I could see all the opportunities around me daily... to be a blessing in ANYWAY to others. Opportunities to share with all the gospel... planting seeds that would bring souls into the kingdom. For this is indeed a wise thing to do. { ...and he who is wise wins souls - Proverbs 11:30} After all, Christianity is about sharing the love of God through Christ to others.

A lot of such opportunities present itself to us everyday, but sometimes, for one reason or another, we miss... it.

With a heart felt prayer this can change. We can be a blessing to others DAILY and impact our world for Christ. Happy new month all! Below is the youtube link for the the song "Lord Give Your Eyes".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDEvXMzZWUs

No comments:

Post a Comment