Saturday, November 21, 2009

Take Time Out To Reload.

"I am not retrieving I am reloading." During a talk show, a lady gave this quote as a response to her interviewer's questions, concerning some decisions she's made about her life and career.

My take: I primarily like this quote because, in life sometimes we have to take a step back, access things from a third person perspective [view things objectively], in order to move forward and stay on target. If we are to remain productive, and continue to be of value to ourselves and those around us, we need to take some time out to, periodically re-prioritise [because conditions in life are continually changing], rejuvenate as often as needed, and frequently re-energise... Else we are eventually going to burn out. Having nothing left inside of us, we start shooting blanks [become unproductive]. Ultimately, living unfulfilled lives.

Some people 'reload' by going on vacations, fasting and praying, or simply creating time to reflect daily. Some may quit their jobs, start a new career, start a new business or close down a business... whatever the case, the aim is not retrieving and giving up on our life's goals, but finding ways we can best actualize this goals without losing the essence of who we are.

Hmmm... Maybe I am reading too much into this quote. lol But seriously, what's your take? Have a wonderful weekend!

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this so much. I so agree, Amen. I recently gave up a role I cherished, but was not fulfilling well, and which was a weight at the back of my mind. I have freed up emotional space in my life; simplified a small part of it; decluttered a little. It feels good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really good, thanks for sharing and Amen to your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree... I have made a couple of decisions in the actualizing of my dreams... some people don't understand but I know why I did what i did...

    This is on point...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, makes sense to me, in a way. Matter of fact, let me go reload right now...

    Nice blog! First time here, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Belinda, I am honored by your response...
    @Myne, thanks for stopping by and your kind compliments...
    @TS,such reactions makes it all worth the effort. To God be the glory!
    @Harry, May God continue to grant you wisdom that will propel you to even greater heights in Jesus name, amen!
    @Solomon, clap,clap... way to go! Thanks for stopping by.

    Thanks all for sharing.

    ReplyDelete